Sunday, February 8, 2009

Clearing my Conscience

I'm responsible for the details of a regional Shakespeare Competition
My friend who's writing True Crime asked me to take over
I'm not saying that was a crime (am I?)
I lost my temper
the very point I'm working on conscientiously
I thought

Some people are simply impossible


Maybe I'm one of them

But I detest being lied to

& I especially detest being treated like an idiot

I only hope the student
whose teacher let her/him down
by not taking care of the necessary details
will be there, after all, will be the Dark Horse, The One
that stuns us all with a divine performance

I'm cautiously optimistic
although I know that people follow a pattern
usually
& once unreasonable, twice unreasonable,
very likely to be tertiarially, undeniably, certifiably

UNREASONABLE

again



Very likely all this will settle itself
& the Greater Good will be served
by the structure

This thing is not Open Mic

It has procedures designed to ensure equitable opportunity
because it is a brilliant opportunity
for the brilliant winner,
but these are very young people who depend upon grown-ups
to be grown-ups & own up to their responsibilities...

I said

If it makes you feel better to blame me, go ahead.
Just do this & that & come on to the show.


Let's hope the show goes on with the unknown contestant
& becomes perfect.

I can see it both ways

& it's still a good thing.


1 comment:

JBinford-Bell said...

Been there and dealt with that.

I have a tendency to get livid.

And never let that person do that to me again.

So many of them out there these days though. So sure they are that someone will pick up the marbles they drop.